12 October 2013

Portraits

Our friend Jean got a new camera, and she was just starting to learn how to use it when she and Nick were here day before yesterday. I don't think she'll mind if I post a couple of her photos, which I edited with Photoshop. She took many more on a walk down along the Cher river with Nick, Walt, and the two dogs, but I decided not to go along because of this lousy cold I've caught.

I don't know what I was reading — maybe the camera manual. Lulu the poodle,  J & N's dog, was focusing her attention on Nick.

Walt and I at the table — we had just had lunch and coffee.

It's not very often that there are photos of Walt and me on the blog. By the way, he now has caught the cold, and we are both running at about half power. We're hoping Jean and Nick didn't take the bug home with them. It's been raining pretty hard for about 12 hours now, with the temperature in the upper 40s F (8ºC right now).

13 comments:

  1. Hope you are soon better. Have sent you an email.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry can't access you email from my iPad. Away for weekend so will send on Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. in recovery from pneumonia over here. I feel your pain. and you should have more photos of your home's interior and yourselves!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice pic of the two of you at the table :-).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Get well soon guys! Watch out for that poodle tail - I've seen it sweep an entire grand café au lait into someone's lap. The front end accepts no responsability for what the back end is doing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brrrr.... I'm sure you have a nice fire going this morning. Hope you both feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great candid photos. Thanks for the C temp. Even though I am not young, I have forgotten F temps, unless it is 100F and it is too damn hot.

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL Polly- our daughter has a poodle who could be Lulu's sister, or French cousin. These dogs seem to have a large amount of joie de vive.

    Rest up this weekend, guys and thanks for today's candid shots. Those times à table are forever good memories in my mind.

    ReplyDelete
  9. wonderful pix! hope you both feel better soon. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love seeing photos of your home and of you and Walt together. Nice job, Jean :)
    Sorry to hear about the nasty cold -- must be especially lousy when temps are in the 40s.

    ReplyDelete
  11. We turned the heat (radiators) on this morning, and later we had a fire in the wood stove. Seems early to be this cold, but it didn't rain much during the day. Thanks for all the comments. I hope our colds don't go into pneumonia, and there's no sign of that so far. Ouf!

    ReplyDelete
  12. We have just come back from a night out. It's 11.30pm and the car registered 3°C !!
    That's COLD........

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind? Qu'avez-vous à me dire ?