10 October 2014

Good news and bad news...

...on the firewood front. First, the good news: we finally got some. Delivery had been expected in August, but it was obviously delayed. Now we have to stack it and then Walt will start cutting it. It rained a good part of the day yesterday, so we put the stacking job off until today.

Cinq stères (5 cubic meters), or about 1.4 cords of oak logs, partially covered because of yesterday's rain

Then the bad news: our wood supplier is getting out of the business. This will be his last delivery. He's a man named Jean-Claude who we've known for at least ten years — he used to do yard work for our neighbors. I guess it's retirement time for him too. Now I can start the firewood saga.

8 comments:

  1. at least he gave you advance warning; good luck in your search!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What you say is true, A M, and thanks for the positive thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please don't start the firewood saga, Ken... I'll end up with no source for firewood *heh heh* . Your posts seem to have a strange effect on my life *LOL*.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, Judy, How's the dental situation? And do you burn wood for heating?

      Delete
    2. We don't use it for our main heat source, but we just installed a wood-burning stove in our downstairs family room. We have a wood fireplace that was converted to gas before we bought the house, but it did nothing for providing heat or a pleasant atmosphere. I'll put pictures up on FB soon, and I'll tag you. I'm sitting in front of it right now!

      As for the dental situation: cracked molar, and root canal to take place next week. Yikes. I'm nervous, but I have decided to go with the folks who have told me that they are much less worrisome than they used to be.

      Delete
  4. LOL regarding firewood saga. Without such sagas, you would have no fodder for your blog!.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is what "Living the Life in Saint-Aignan" is all about. Maybe you should start a blog called "Living the Life in Sunnyvale"!

      Delete
  5. Wow, winter is coming. You are well prepared for it.

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind? Qu'avez-vous à me dire ?