01 October 2016

Two men and their machines

When I went out for the morning walk yesterday, I came upon a group of people picking grapes way out in the upper part of the vineyard. I recognized one man because I've seen him out there many times, tending the vines. Another, younger man noticed me and asked him if he recognized me. "Oh sure, he said, he walks his dog out here all the time. Look, there's the dog now! Sometimes the pooch will come over and greet me." I guess we are local color now.


All day we waited for rain to start falling, but it didn't come until after dark in the evening. The mechanical harvest continues at its leisurely pace. The photo above shows two men from the Domaine de la Renaudie winery, with their harvester and tractor-trailer. The man in the blue tractor is the owner, and the one standing works out in the vines year-round. Right now, his main job seems to be driving the harvester. I took the photo from a window up in the loft.

16 comments:

  1. That rusty corrugated tin roof is sooooo country Australian.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Probably the same in most countries... rusty sheet metal.

      Delete
  2. Alors là c'est lui ? Bon marché à Saint-Aignan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oui, c'est bien Bruno qu'on voit à travers le pare-brise du tracteur.

      Delete
  3. Isn't it a little early for the domaine de la Renaudie to be wintery?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha ha. This always happens when I add a word at the last minute. I was trying to make sure people knew what Domaine de la Renaudie was as a business.

      Delete
    2. I couldn't resit. I thought it was so funny.

      Delete
    3. Problem is, "wintery" is not a word. It's "wintry" sans "e"... so obviously a typo of some kind.

      Delete
    4. Remember, English is not my native language.

      Delete
    5. By the way, you couldn't "resit", you wrote above. Does that mean you fell off your chair laughing (FOMCL) and couldn't get up?

      Delete
    6. By the way, you couldn't "resit", you wrote above. Does that mean you fell off your chair laughing (FOMCL) and couldn't get up?

      Delete
  4. Yup, you're local color!
    Hey, how do you say, pooch?

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind? Qu'avez-vous à me dire ?