09 September 2008

Recording the rhythms

Yesterday was the first sunny day we'd had in a while. Instead of rising in a sky mostly obscured by clouds, by 8:00 a.m. the sun was already a big white ball in a blue sky. It's not the kind of sun you can take pictures of.

A row of red wine grapes

Grapes, however, you can take pictures of. And I do. It's part of the "record-keeping" I like to do with my camera. New year, I'll be able to look back and say "Look, on September 8, 2008, the grapes were already ripe." Or just starting to ripen, or whatever. And I'll know it was a sunny morning.

A spider's web trying to hide ripe grapes

It's like our keeping track of the daily high and low temperatures, and the amount of rainfall we get each month. We live life on natural rhythms, now, recording them helps us to understand them.

3 comments:

  1. Do you have any grape vine ( not the wine making type) known as "raisins de table" in your garden or your neighbours' property?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, we have some raisin de table in our garden, but it doesn't produce very many grapes. I think birds get most of them, and then we don't treat them against mold, mildew, etc. They are white grapes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your rhythms of life must be very soothing to your souls.

    BettyAnn

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind? Qu'avez-vous à me dire ?