02 October 2015

L'Ouest parisien

I'm in whatever the opposite of a rut is. I'm still on top of the Tour Montparnasse — 13 years later. I'm amazed at the quality of these photos that I found in my archives a week or two ago. Here are a few shots of the west side of Paris, including its most famous monument of all. Click or tap on the images to see them at a larger size, with more details visible.

Starting with a wide view of part of the 7th, 8th, and 15th arrondissements, with La Défense in the background...

...moving in a little closer...

...and then very close, as you see.

And here's a last image of the west side showing not the tower but Les Invalides and the Arc de Triomphe, among other landmarks.

7 comments:

  1. Was this when we went on top of the tower with Frank? These photos are extremely good, taking into account their age. Did you have a Lumix yet? Or was this your bulky Canon?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I took all these photos with the heavy old Canon PowerShot Pro90 IS that I bought in the year 2000. And no, these were not the photos I took when we went to the top of the tower in July 2000 with Frank and Jeanine. Walt and I went back up there in April 2002 to take more photos when we were spending two weeks in a rental apartment on the rue Mayet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Comme d'hab, the tour eiffel est très very crowded !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, those closeups are amazing. I never mind re-visiting Paris through photos!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I see one of the cafés we walked by in the third photo- chouette!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, Evelyn. We had supper at Le Wilson. I found the receipt this morning (not sure why I had it). It's a good memory.

      Delete
  6. Yes, a good memory for sure. I hope MA is staying dry today. There's not much sunshine in Dixie today.

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind? Qu'avez-vous à me dire ?